Hey Style Fanatics! I know it has been a minute since we’ve last posted, but we are back! Style Fanatic has come up with the must haves and trends for the upcoming seasons. Everything from oversized street-wear, to fringes and florals.. the trends for spring and summer are definitely ones to have.
1. Lace: Lace is such a flirty, and simi-sexy way to bring in the spring and summer. Laces tops, bottoms and purses are on trend and look flattering on any figure.
White lace crop top: missselfridge.com – Blue lace pencil skirt: House of Holland – Black sandals: YSL
White silk crop top: Monki.com – Laces shorts: Alice + Olivia – Brown sandals: Saturday.com
2. Boyfriend Jeans: The oversized boyfriend jeans, and now, boyfriend cut-off shorts are one of my favorite must haves in my closet. Paired with a crop top or even a chic button up, these jeans are so versatile and can be worn during any season. Found at stores like Lucky Brand Jeans, White House Black Market, Urban Outfitters, and at your local thrift shop this trend is one that is ongoing and fits every style!
Lace crop tank: American Eagle – Boyfriend jeans: Conleys
Graphic, knot top: Dries Van Noten – Cut off shorts: River Island – Lace purse: Dolce and Gabbana
Pink lace top: Valentino – Boyfriend jeans: Zara
3. Must Have Colors: As you can see from the Oscars and other prominent awards shows, blue has taken the night! Whether its a cobalt blue or a soft powder blue, blue is a must have! Along with blue, coral has also taken a spot on the must have colors list. Coral is a mix between pretty in pink and a ranging red/orange. The best thing about this color is that it looks great on just about skin tone and complexion. Paired with a dark lip, both of these colors will have you spring and summer ready. – Also, don’t forget to mix and match your pastels! Yellows, pinks and sea foam blues are a must!
Coral Looks: Forever 21, River Island, Farfetch.com, Almari, Clover Canyon and Kenzo
Blue Looks: Alexander McQueen, Miss Selfridge, TOPSHOP, Josh Goot, Coach and Ann Demeulemeester
Must Have Accessories!
4. Sunnies: Whether you have oversized circular sunglasses or you favorite aviators, make sure to have a pair handy for these sunny days ahead!
5. Sandals: Platforms, strappy, gladiator or Birkenstocks, all sandals are great sandals! Pedis for everyone! 🙂
6. Tote bags: Tote bags are a great accessory to have, whether its for a day at the beach or a day of shopping. I like to say, you can put your entire life in these bags.
7. Clutches and messenger bags: Clutches and small bags are for those girls who re on the go and need to be hands free. For those ladies attending Coachella or any other all day outdoor event, these bags are great! They definitely add some pop to your outfit.
8. Crop tops and Midi Skirts: Crop tops and Midi skirts are without question the “it” things this season and last! Midi skirts crop through so many generations, from the youngest of the fashionistas to the most mature. These skirts are in and will be around for a while. Whereas crop tops are always a go-to and must have piece.
Black silk crop top: Monki.com – Yellow midi skirt: Roksanda Ilinic
Stripped crop top: A.P.C – Coral midi skirt: Rock Ridge
Black crop top: Mango – Black midi skirt: Thakoon
9. Florals: “Florals for spring.. groundbreaking” The most memorable line from your favorite fashionista’s favorite movie, The Devil Wears Prada. Yes, we all know that florals are the go-to for our spring wardrobes, so be sure you aren’t caught without this fashionable print! From floral shirts, skirts and shoes.. florals are on the top of the trend chart.
What are you Spring and Summer must haves? Email them to TonaeA.Lee@gmail.com or hashtag #stylefanaticmusthaves on Twitter or Instagram.
Check out these sets and more in detail at tonaelee.polyvore.com!